Skip to main content


Fentanyl is a silent killer. Video shows when a baby overdosed on Fentanyl that she found in her mom's home

On Monday October 25, 2021 a 1-year-old baby girl overdosed on the deadly drug fentanyl at her mother's home in Jefferson County, Alabama. The baby found the drugs and accidentally ingested them. 31-year-old Jeanette Bell is the baby's mother and admitted the drugs were hers. 

Jeanette Bell

Jeanette Bell

Dispatchers received a 911 call from a woman screaming that a 1-year-old child had overdosed on drugs and was passed out. Deputies arrived at the home and found the baby laying on the floor unresponsive.

Witnesses on the scene informed the deputies that the child had ingested some illegal drugs, possibly fentanyl and that she had been unresponsive for about 30 minutes.

Scroll to Continue

Recommended for you

Deputies began to try to resuscitate the child by using Narcan. After receiving the Narcan the baby began to breathe slowly. The child was transported by ambulance to a children’s hospital where she is reported to be in stable condition.

During the investigation, the child’s mother, Jeanette admitted that the child had accessed some of her drug paraphernalia and ingested it by putting it in her mouth.

The Department of Human Resources was contacted to check the welfare of other children in the home. Jeanette was charged with chemical endangerment of a child and held on a $15,000.00 bond.

A young mother died from a Fentanyl overdose.

Rapper Cameron Henegan died from a Fentanyl overdose also.