ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations officers arrested 19 individuals in several counties throughout Massachusetts during a four-day enforcement action, targeting criminal aliens who have been convicted or charged with fentanyl, heroin, and other drug-related trafficking crimes.
Many of these criminal illegal immigrants were released from local law enforcement custody into Massachusetts communities with no notification to ICE.
Those arrested during the enforcement action hail from seven different countries – Bahamas (1), Brazil (4), Cape Verde (4), Dominican Republic (6), France (1), Guatemala (1), Haiti (2).
- On Nov. 3, ICE arrested a Cape Verde national in Brockton. He has multiple prior convictions for crack cocaine, breaking and entering (2 counts), possession of cocaine and heroin, and vandalism prison property, among others. He was released from state custody in March, even though an ICE detainer was on file with local authorities. He will remain in ICE custody pending his immigration court hearing.
- On Nov. 4, ICE arrested a Brazilian national in Weymouth. She has pending charges of assault with intent to murder and two counts of assault with a dangerous weapon. She will remain in ICE custody pending removal proceedings.
- On Nov. 4, ICE arrested a fugitive from Cape Verde in Brockton. He has a conviction for cocaine distribution and was ordered removed from the United States in 2011 but failed to depart. He will remain in ICE custody pending removal.
- On Nov. 4, ICE arrested a Dominican national in Lowell. He has pending charges for trafficking cocaine and false identity, the suspect was removed from the USA in 2018 and illegally reentered. He has been charged in federal court with reentry after deportation, a federal felony which carries a maximum prison term of up to 20 years. He is currently in U.S. Marshals Service custody.
- On Nov. 4, ICE arrested a Cape Verde national in Brockton. He has convictions for possession of cocaine and oxycodone with intent to distribute and convictions for firearms and will remain in ICE custody pending his immigration proceedings.