Skip to main content

This week U.S. Border Patrol agents encountered three groups of 98, 66, and 78 people in Sasabe, Arizona. The three groups, comprised mostly of Central American families, surrendered to agents after crossing the border illegally.

The groups surrendered to agents in the more rugged and mountainous terrain east of Sasabe.

69% percent of Border Patrol apprehensions are single males attempting to evade arrest. The remaining 31% are families and children surrendering to agents.

Tucson Sector Border Patrol agents operate in a challenging environment that requires agents to work in both a humanitarian and law enforcement capacity as they counter the activity of human smugglers that are exploiting people along the border. Human smugglers often use family unit groups as cover for other illicit smuggling activities.

Scroll to Continue

Recommended for you