NORTH CAROLINA ALLOWS GYMS TO OPEN, GOVERNOR APPROVES PHASE 2.5 PLAN
On September 1, 2020 Governor Roy Cooper announced that he will allow gyms to reopen on September 4 in a phase 2.5 plan for North Carolina. Due to the Coronavirus gyms along with clubs etc. were closed for several months and could not reopen. Many businesses went bankrupt or were permanently closed by the owner because no money was coming in.
Under the new Phase 2.5 Plan:
- Mass gathering limits will increase to 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors from the current limit of 10 indoors and 25 outdoors.
- Playgrounds may open.
- Museums and aquariums may open at 50% capacity.
- Gyms and indoor exercise facilities, such as yoga studios, martial arts, and rock climbing, as well as skating rinks, bowling alleys, indoor basketball, volleyball etc., may open at 30% capacity.
- Bars, nightclubs, movie theaters, indoor entertainment facilities, amusement parks, dance halls will remain closed.
- Large venues remain subject to the mass gathering limits.