PERSON DIES FROM HEPATITIS A, CHARLOTTE RESTAURANT HAD EXPOSED EMPLOYEE

Washing hands makes all the difference in the world.

Health officials confirmed a death related case of hepatitis A.

A worker at Village Tavern in the SouthPark area of Charlotte, NC exposed patrons on Oct. 30 to hepatitis A, which can be deadly without vaccination.

Village Tavern sites itself as a 'luxury restaurant'.

Patrons who ate or drank at Village Tavern in Charlotte on Congress Street on Oct. 30 or after could have been exposed to hepatitis A and should receive a vaccination ASAP. Public Health is offering free vaccination clinics today.

According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the vaccine must be given within 14 days of exposure for it to be effective.

Hepatitis A is a contagious and vaccine-preventable liver infection that can range from a mild illness lasting a few weeks to a severe illness lasting several months. It is usually transmitted through food or water that has been contaminated with small, undetectable amounts of feces from a contagious person.

Comments