Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reports to: CTFC Board of Directors
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Salary Grade: DOE
Closing Date: July 8, 2019
The Chief Executive Officer oversees the management, financial, and staff functions of Colville Tribal Federal Corporation (CTFC) and all member companies including all subsidiaries, affiliates, and future business enterprises assigned, acquired, or developed. The incumbent will work closely with the Board of Directors and the executive management team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
- Responsible for establishing a corporate culture that reflects the mission, vision and values of CTFC and the Colville Tribes through leadership.
- Provide leadership, direction, and control to all aspects of the CTFC and its member companies’ activities within the context of policies established by the CTFC Board, and in compliance with federal, tribal and applicable state laws.
· Directs and oversees all financial activities of the Corporation, ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), established policies and procedures, and Tribal and Federal requirements which includes directing the annual capital budgeting process and oversees audit and tax functions.
- Supervises the investment of funds; works with banks and/or investment bankers to raise capital as required for expansion.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to member company management enabling management to develop realistic long-range strategic plans and annual operating plans to maximize profits, develop management skills and achieve other non-financial objectives established by the Board.
- Through subordinate managers, the incumbent coordinates the daily work activities of the entities; works with management to organize and prioritize work activities; monitors status of work in progress and reviews completed work; consults with staff, assists with complex/problem situations, and provides technical expertise as needed.
- Drives company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow, and business goals and objectives.
- Analyzes company operations to pinpoint opportunities and areas that need to be reorganized, downsized, or eliminated. Studies long-range economic trends and projects company prospects for future growth in overall revenues and opportunities for acquisitions or expansion into new product areas.
· Provides financial leadership to strengthen and maintain the Corporation’s viability.
- Represent CTFC to the public, particularly in critical areas of public and political policy.
- This job description does not list all of the duties of this position. The incumbent may be instructed by the Board of Directors to perform other duties or to assist with special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Finance, or related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in management and leadership roles in business.
- Five (5) years Tribal and other Government experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Section 17 Federal Corporations and member limited liability companies preferred.
- Expert business acumen with strong strategic thinking, organizational management, and collaboration skills.
- Well-developed human relation skills to convey technical concepts to others and to interact with a wide variety of groups and individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Special skill at facilitating small group processes, for resolving problems with quantitative and qualitative dimensions, and optimizing teamwork with diverse groups of staff.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work processes in a high volume environment in order to meet schedules and timelines which includes a strong working knowledge of organizational management and best business practices.
- Ability to analyze data from multiple information ports by comparing and contrasting data to draw a conclusion or to identify trends.
- Ability to work complex mathematical and accounting concepts.
- Excellent spelling and grammar abilities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to lead teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain the confidential information regarding the company, employees, and patrons.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess a current and valid Tribal Gaming License.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
· Ability to frequently sit for prolonged periods of time.
· Ability to periodically bend, squat, reach, push, and pull.
· Ability to comprehend complex issues.
· Sufficient visual acuity to write, recognize printed materials, computer screen, and notice non-verbal behavior.
· Speech and hearing ability to project voice to small and large audiences, carry on telephone conversations, hear and grasp verbal communications and equipment prompts.
· Able to drive in adverse weather conditions.
· Periodically exposed to high levels of noise and tobacco smoke.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
DRUG TEST REQUIRED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CTFC POLICY
Submit resumes to: CTFC, Attn: HR Box 140, Nespelem, WA 99155, or to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 634-3208 if you require more information.
CTFC IS AN INDIAN PREFERENCE EMPLOYER