MOAPA BAND OF PAIUTES
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
SALARY $85,000 TO $100,000 DOE
OPEN MARCH 28 UNTIL FILLED
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the Moapa Band of Paiutes oversees daily
Financial activities and operations of the tribal government and provides direction and supervision over the Tribe’s Finance Department. The CFO develops policies and procedures relating to financial and budget activities, establishes and enforces internal financial controls, maintains tribal books of record and cash balances, and ensures compliance with all applicable legal requirements and generally accepted accounting principles. The CFO is responsible for keeping the Tribal Council apprised of the ongoing financial position of the Tribe, its economic development projects, its governmental programs, and for providing strategic leadership for the company by working with the Administration to develop and establish long-range goals, strategies, financial plans and policies to ensure the Tribe’s finances. The CFO balances the bank statements monthly and prepares reports for each department on a monthly basis.
· Must possess proven management and supervisory skills.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Finance; CPA preferred.
· 10 years financial and accounting experience, working as an accountant in controller or CFO positions.
· Experience with Grants Management required.
· Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
· Must be willing to travel as required (minimal.)
· Must possess a valid Driver license
· Must be insurable through Tribal insurance.
· Must pass a pre-employment background check.
· Must pass a pre-employment alcohol and drug screening.
· Three years of experience working with fund accounting, MIP fund accounting preferred.
· Experience in BIA P.L. 93-638 programs preferred.
· Experience with grants management.
· Knowledge of casino gaming industry preferred.
Moapa Band of Paiutes
PO Box 340, 1 Lincoln Street
Moapa, NV 89025-0340