FIELD OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
Reports to: Executive Director
The NIEA Field Operations Associate will support the ongoing work to engage with tribal representatives to improve educational outcomes for Native students. This person will work collaboratively with NIEA leadership to assist with community outreach to support NIEA’s priorities at the tribal and state level.
Additional responsibilities include overseeing and managing tribal-state relationships and establishing
networks with local stakeholders. The position will include travel.
The essential functions of this position, include, but are not limited to the following:
· Promote awareness and collaborate with local community leaders to promote NIEA in multiple venues, including tribal, state, local community level.
· Support the facilitation, establishment, and maintenance of relationships among school districts, tribal communities, and other key community stakeholders.
· In collaboration with NIEA leadership, develop, manage, and implement outreach plan in key communities.
· Support NIEA’s communications work to ensure message delivery, including maintaining active contact database.
· Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with groups and individuals with diverse perspectives.
· Develop briefing papers, talking points, and policy materials as assigned.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in communications or public relations preferred.
· 2-5 years of experience in community, non-profit, or public relations.
· Knowledge of and experience working with tribes, Native communities, and national Native and civil rights organizations.
· Strong research and analysis skills.
· Strength in managing projects and meeting deadlines.
· Demonstrated social media proficiency and developing communication with community brands.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Commitment to NIEA’s mission to Native students and communities.
· Ability to work in team environment while demonstrating capacity to solve problems independently.
· The position could require up to 25-50% travel time.