Human Resources Director
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the administration of all personnel policies, procedures, and processes including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation practices, performance management, progressive disciplinary actions, and confidential personnel records management.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and/or at least five (5) years of Human Resources managerial experience including the training and development of staff;
- Moderate to advanced computer skills with experience in the selection and implementation of an integrated HR/Payroll system;
- Ability to communicate successfully in English both verbally and in writing, often in public meetings;
- Ability to research, read, interpret, and present complex tribal and/or federal laws, procedures, policies, and regulations including but not limited to: FLSA, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, SIIS, Civil Rights Act Indian Preference, and other matters related to the effective administration of Human Resources policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of compensation trends, practices, comparables, and legal issues as evidenced by prior work experience;
- Knowledge of health, life, and workers’ compensation insurance and appropriate and affordable benefit programs as evidenced by prior work experience;
- Knowledge of community-based resources for job training, career development, and advanced education including ITCN, JTPA, Nevada Urban Indians, CSA, and other federal, state, and local organizations;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as requested or required by the Chairman and Tribal Council;
- Eligibility for participation in the RSIC Vehicle Insurance Program.
PLEASE NOTE: Hiring preference will be given to qualified members of the Reno-Sparks Indian Colony followed by other federally recognized tribal members.
Must pass and comply with the HR Policy 164.905- PL101.630.
Reno-Sparks Indian Colony requires designated candidates to successfully complete a pre employment criminal background check, drug screen, and professional reference confirmation.