Job Title: Educational Specialist
Review Date: Annually based on hire date
Reports To: Program Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
The essential functions of this position, include, but are not limited to the following:
· Support the organization’s activities leading to college and career ready Native students at the tribal, state, and national levels.
· Assist with the planning, development, implementation, and revision of curriculum using promising practices to support the unique needs of Native students.
· Evaluate policies and data of tribal communities and prepare culture-based education strategies for dissemination to tribal leadership and education agencies.
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships with groups and individuals who possess diverse perspectives.
· Develop briefing papers, talking points, and policy materials.
· Manage issue-based networks of researchers, practitioners, and policymakers that produce collective research and policy agendas to support the development of a Native controlled Native education system.
· Draft program reports per grant timeline.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in curriculum development, education, organizational development or business required, Master’s degree preferred.
· 1 year or more experience in curriculum development.
· Strong research and analysis skills using various methods including databases, survey/evaluation tools, the internet, and reference materials.
· Demonstrated ability in project management and meeting competing deadlines.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of and experience working with tribes, Native communities, and national Native and civil rights organizations.
· Proven ability to work in team environment while demonstrating capacity to solve problems independently and address concerns in a timely and accurate manner.