EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Job Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Review Date: Annually based on hire date
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Executive Administrative Assistant will provide direct support to the Executive Director and administrative duties for the office. Responsibilities may include screening calls; managing calendars; making travel, meeting, and event arrangements; and data entry. This position is grant funded and dependent on grant funding.
The essential functions of this position, include, but are not limited to the following:
· Manage and maintain Executive Director schedule, including travel arrangements, reporting expenses, making appointments, etc.
· Prepare executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence.
· Assist Board of Directors including communications, meeting planning, and travel logistics.
· Provide general organizational support to the NIEA team including coordinating conference calls and webinars, answering and managing incoming calls, drafting correspondence, and print media.
· Maintain inventory and office supplies, ensure operation of office equipment, order maintenance when necessary.
· Enter, update, and verify membership records in management data system.
· Assists with events by managing event registration activities and coordinating with other team members to provide support as needed.
· Responsible for reviewing invoices for proper coding, preparing deposits, and developing and maintaining files.
· Demonstrating a high degree of professionalism, initiative, and independence in supporting NIEA staff on a wide variety of complex tasks.
· Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
· College degree in Management or related field.
· 3 or more years in administrative support or executive assistance
· Strong organizational skills.
· Project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of management and staff
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Effective negotiation skills.
· Strong judgment and decision making skills.
· Strong computer/technical knowledge.
· Experience working with tribal communities preferred.