Fort Peck Housing Authority
Poplar, MT 59255
Phone (406) 768-3459 Fax (406) 768-5489
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR ACCOUNTING SERVICES
'•Opening date: August 22, 2019
Closing date: September 19, 2019
The Fort Peck Housing Authority is soliciting proposals for Accounting Services. The contract period of performance is for two (2) years, with two (2) single-year options to extend the contract. After the initial two-year base period, the engagement shall be renewed on a year-to-year basis. The Scope of Services to be provided may include assistance with: The Fort Peck Housing Authority manages 601 – Rental units, 71 -homeowner units, 47 – Tax credit units and does the asset management for 20 units for the Tribes.
1. Maintaining Abila MIP General Ledgers consistent with any applicable federal regulations and adopted HA policies.
2. Providing Procurement Processes, Contracts and Training.
3. Assisting with Pre-Audit Preparation.
4. Posting to the general ledger in a timely and accurate manner.
5. Reviewing and advising on HA internal control system in its accounting functions.
6. Assisting with the annual operating bud gets, budget revisions and financial statements to conform to HUD submittal deadlines.
7. Oversight to ensure that all accounting-related deadlines are met.
8. Providing timely and accurate monthly reporting to the Board of Commissioners on the financial status of the HA.
9. Training HA Finance Division staff and other appropriate staff on account in g requirements.
10. Advising the Executive Director and the HA Board of Commissioners the financial implications of management proposals and participate in HA planning efforts upon request.
11. Reviewing and balancing tenant ledgers by assisting HA Occupancy staff on daily, monthly and annual data input with regards to Tenant Accounting.
12. Preparation of homebuyer annual account statements and continual updating of all Low-rent tenants in the system. Will work closely with the Finance division by providing quality Accounting Services in all areas of funding.
13. Maintenance of physical and fixed asset inventory.
14. Assist on any projects agreed to upon by both the Firm and HA.
Responsive, responsible proposals shall be evaluated based on a point system with a total possible score of 100. The criteria for selection will include points given in the following areas:
1. Firm's willingness/experience to work with MIP, MICROIX & HDS Software. 20 points
2. Previous work for the HA. 10 points
3. Managerial, technical and administrative capability. 10 points
4. References. 5 points
5. Experience with NAHASDA and grants management. 10 points
6. Detailed plan on addressing annual audit. 10 points
7. Plan detailing training of FPHA staff as needed. 5 points
8. Cost proposal: fee schedule: online technical support: phone support. 15 points
9. Indian preference. 10 points
10. Ability to travel onsite and provide technical support and assistance. 5 points
The Fort Peck Housing Authority plans to implement the Indian Preference procedures by the use of the procedure set forth in 24 CFR 1000.52 Indian Preference. The particular section to follow can be found at 24 CFR 85.36 Methods of Procurement. However, responsible proposals will be accepted from Indian and Non -Indian owned accounting firms.
Proposals must be in written format and submitted to the Fort Peck Housing Authority on or before, September 19, 2019 by 4:00 p.m. MST. The price proposal must be on an hourly basis and be inclusive of all overhead and profit. Reasonable expenses incurred in the performance of services will be reimbursed. Proposals received after this date shall be considered unresponsive and shall be returned unopened to the responding firm. The HA reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals and to waive any informality in the proposal received, consistent with the Regulations, if it is in the best interest of the HA. If you previously submitted a bid your application will still be considered and do not have to resubmit a new bid.
For further information on this Request for Proposal, please contact Dr. Robin Bighorn, Executive Director at the Fort Peck Housing Authority at (406) 768-3459.
Dr. Robin Bighorn
Fort Peck Housing Authority