Quileute Tribal School
La Push, Washington
Apply to www.macnjake.com
The Quileute Tribal School, La Push, Washington, Board of Education, is seeking a highly qualified and fully certified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2020.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the Board of Education in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: 150 miles west of Seattle
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The Board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The Board developed the following desired characteristics.
- A life-long learner who will have a long-term interest and investment in the school district and community. The individual must possess the skills necessary for oversight of the whole district.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate a strong knowledge base of all aspects of educational finance. This includes funding sources from the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI), Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), and Bureau of Indian Education (BIE). The school district does not receive Impact Aid.
- A well-educated individual who will increase student achievement and work to provide multiple educational opportunities for all students.
- An effective communicator who works well with all facets of the educational community and the Tribal Council. A person of integrity with a pleasant personality as well as being open and honest.
- The successful candidate must possess a Washington State Superintendent certificate. All individuals who work for the Quileute Tribal School are drug tested.
- A great leader who values the broader Native American cultures and has a strong desire to understand the Quileute Tribal customs and culture. Experience working in a Tribal School is preferred.
· Closing date for applications: February 20, 2020 (11:30 p.m. central time)
· Board of Education selects finalists to interview: March 3, 2020
· Interviews with the Board of Education: Week of March 9, 2020
· Selection of new Superintendent: Week of March 16, 2020
· Start date: July 1, 2020
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C.
11725 Arbor St., Suite 220
Omaha, NE 68144
School Website: http://quileutetribalschool.org
Consultant: Mr. Rob Clark firstname.lastname@example.org
Quileute Tribal School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and, when needed, will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Anyone requesting a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruitment process please contact McPherson & Jacobson at the address/phone/email above.