- Announcing the first comprehensive study on child removal in Native communities
- Three-century whodunnit: Gifted, burned, stolen and mailed. Cornplanter’s Pipe comes home
- Indian Country Today to open newsroom at Arizona State; goal is to create national TV news program
- Inupiaq mom shouts ‘Stand up! Fight back!’ to Alaska governor, then is arrested
- Real Native history in a video game: An Indigenous take on The Oregon Trail
- Oglala Sioux Chairman Bear Runner joins South Dakota legislators in calling for federal disaster declaration in South Dakota
- Deb Haaland's first hundred days in Congress
- Representative Davids presides over House Floor as Violence Against Women Act is Reauthorized
- Trump announces Keystone XL approved for a second time; Indigenous Environmental Network responds
- New exhibit explores the history of the Ojibwe jingle dress and marks its 100th anniversary
Top 5 Archives
- Hitler Studied U.S. Treatment of Indians
- The True Story of Pocahontas: Historical Myths Versus Sad Reality
- Natural Pain Relief: 9 Alternatives to Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen or Aspirin
- 10 Native-Style April Fool’s Day Pranks to Play and Pay
- 8 Things You Should Know About Two Spirit People
Check out this week's Newsletter
Check out this week's Video News Report
Indian Country Today, LLC., is a non-profit, public media enterprise. Reader support is critical. We do not charge for subscriptions and tribal media (or any media, for that matter) can use our content for free. Our goal is public service. Please join our cause and support independent journalism today. We have an audacious plan for 2019 and your donation will help us make it so.
The Indian Country Today team
Mark Trahant is editor of Indian Country Today. He is a member of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes. Follow him on Twitter - @TrahantReports
Vincent Schilling is the associate editor of Indian Country Today. He is enrolled Akwesasne Mohawk. Follow him on Twitter - @VinceSchilling
Any article/link questions email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jourdan Bennett-Begaye is a reporter and producer for Indian Country Today. She is Diné. Follow her on Twitter - @jourdanbb.
Lisa J. Ellwood, Lenape & Nanticoke, is a contributor and posts the Press Pool.
Follow her on Twitter - @iconicimagery.
Press Pool email - email@example.com
Opinion email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence - email@example.com