Here are this past week’s top 10 stories ending January 12, 2019.
- Native woman in coma gives birth at health facility, DNA sought from male staff
- Suzan Shown Harjo: White Folks’ Hair Fetish
- Government Shutdown: Tribes suffer job losses, bad roads, no healthcare access
- Does a treaty mean what it says? Supreme Court to decide Crow hunting case
- #NativeHumor: 10 Native New Year’s Resolutions You’ll Probably Never See
- Peggy Flanagan to be sworn-in as lieutenant governor on Monday
- A tribute to those who always imagined Native women in the Congress
- Roma is a beautiful film of Indigenous erasure
- Education Department investigates discrimination against Native students
- Live blog: 'I do ... chi miigwetch' says Lt. Gov. Peggy Flanagan
Top 5 Archives
- The True Story of Pocahontas: Historical Myths Versus Sad Reality
- Natural Pain Relief: 9 Alternatives to Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen or Aspirin
- Two Spirits, One Heart, Five Genders
- 8 Things You Should Know About Two Spirit People
- What Percentage Indian Do You Have to Be in Order to Be a Member of a Tribe?
Check out last week's Video News Report by Vincent Schilling
Check out our Top 10 Stories for Jan 5, 2018
The Indian Country Today team
Mark Trahant is editor of Indian Country Today. He is a member of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes. Follow him on Twitter - @TrahantReports Email: mtrahant@IndianCountryToday.com
Vincent Schilling is the associate editor of Indian Country Today. He is enrolled Akwesasne Mohawk. Follow him on Twitter - @VinceSchilling Any article / link questions email - email@example.com
Jourdan Bennett-Begaye, is a reporter and producer for Indian Country Today. She is Diné. Follow her on on Twitter - @jourdanbb. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa J. Ellwood , Lenape & Nanticoke, is a contributor and posts the Press Pool. Follow her on on Twitter - @iconicimagery.