- FBI seeking to repatriate thousands of Native artifacts ‘collected’ by Christian missionary
- Albuquerque becomes city in America to recognize tribal sovereignty by establishing government-to-government relations
- A Native Embassy Row? Navajo Nation is looking for a DC home
- Two Lumbees audition for season 2 of ‘American Idol’
- John Pinto is 94, a Navajo code talker, and the longest-serving member of the New Mexico Senate
- Lumbee receives a golden ticket on ‘American Idol’
- Mystery Solved! Name found of Native man in headdress that was sought by German museum
- Beyond IHS: Navajo director takes on Grey’s Anatomy
- Appeals court hears Texas case challenging Indian Child Welfare Act; Judge says ‘They are not your children … they are the children of the tribes’
- Seasonal complaint: 'Missionaries are on our reservation!'
Top 5 Archives
- The True Story of Pocahontas: Historical Myths Versus Sad Reality
- Natural Pain Relief: 9 Alternatives to Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen or Aspirin
- 10 Native Inventions and Innovations That Changed the World
- Two Spirits, One Heart, Five Genders
- The Word Squaw: Offensive or Not?
Check out this week's Newsletter
Check out this week's Video News Report
Sign up for the Indian Country Today mailing list and get the weekly newsletter and video news reports delivered straight to your email inbox.
You can sign up via text: Text -> INDIANCOUNTRY to 22828
The Indian Country Today team
Mark Trahant is editor of Indian Country Today. He is a member of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes. Follow him on Twitter - @TrahantReports
Vincent Schilling is the associate editor of Indian Country Today. He is enrolled Akwesasne Mohawk. Follow him on Twitter - @VinceSchilling
Any article/link questions email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jourdan Bennett-Begaye is a reporter and producer for Indian Country Today. She is Diné. Follow her on Twitter - @jourdanbb.
Lisa J. Ellwood, Lenape & Nanticoke, is a contributor and posts the Press Pool.
Follow her on Twitter - @iconicimagery.
Press Pool email - email@example.com
Opinion email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence - email@example.com