Here are this past week’s top 10 stories ending October 27, 2018.
- Protester banned on FB as Spunky Squaw owner wears headdress, rep uses n-words
- Seminole Tribe of Florida: Arrested #MAGABomber Cesar Sayoc is NOT a member
- Changing Elizabeth Warren's story to one about Native America
- Happy Native American Heritage Month: My 35 favorite photos I've taken with ICT
- Scorsese, DiCaprio to direct, star in Killers of the Flower Moon, Osage Murders
- Megyn Kelly fired at NBC after cultural appropriation, blackface comments
- Top 10 Stories: What Indian Country read this past week as of Oct 27, 2018
- PBS’ series “Native America” is not our Native AmericaPBS’ series “Native America” is not our Native AmericaPBS’ series “Native America” is not our Native America
- Social Media erupts as Native groups ask owner of ‘Spunky Squaw’ to change name
- Strike Against Sovereignty? Sen. Warren asserts Native American ancestry via DNA
Top 5 Archives
- The True Story of Pocahontas: Historical Myths Versus Sad Reality
- Natural Pain Relief: 9 Alternatives to Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen or Aspirin
- Blackhorse: Do You Prefer ‘Native American’ or ‘American Indian’?
- Two Spirits, One Heart, Five Genders
- Many Outraged at Ghost Adventures Navajo ‘SkinWalker’ Episode
Follow Indian Country Today’s associate editor, Vincent Schilling, Akwesasne Mohawk, on Twitter -@VinceSchilling
Follow Indian Country Today reporter and producer Jourdan Bennett-Begaye, Diné, on Twitter@jourdanbb.
Mark Trahant is editor of Indian Country Today. He is a member of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes. Follow him on Twitter -@TrahantReports
Are you using the new mobile platform?Get Indian Country Todayon your phone.