Here are this past week’s top 10 stories ending September 01, 2018.
- Pregnant Indigenous woman grabbed, detained at Calgary Multicultural GlobalFest
- Actress says she is devastated after mocking Trail of Tears marker in video
- John McCain: The 'imperfect' servant who (mostly) championed tribal sovereignty
- John McCain dies at 81
- Indian Country E-Weekly Newsletter - Aug 29, 2018
- Native filmmaker Maya Dittloff talks about her directorial debut 'Perma Red'
- Top 10 Stories: What Indian Country read this past week - Aug 25, 2018
- Native iconic group REDBONE to headline Indigenous People’s Day Concert in L.A.
- Five takeaways from the Oklahoma and Arizona elections #NativeVote18
- North Dakota Prosecutors Drop All Serious Charges against Chase Iron Eyes
Top 5 archive articles
- The True Story of Pocahontas: Historical Myths Versus Sad Reality
- Natural Pain Relief: 9 Alternatives to Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen or Aspirin
- Native History: Columbus—Icon and Genocidal Maniac—Lands in New World
- 8 Things You Should Know About Two Spirit People
- Blackhorse: Do You Prefer ‘Native American’ or ‘American Indian’?
Follow Indian Country Today’s associate editor and senior correspondent, Vincent Schilling, Akwesasne Mohawk, on Twitter -@VinceSchilling
Follow Indian Country Today reporter and producer Jourdan Bennett-Begaye. She is a Diné, on Twitter@jourdanbb.
Mark Trahant is editor of Indian Country Today. He is a member of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes. Follow him on Twitter -@TrahantReports
Are you using the new mobile platform? Get Indian Country Today on your phone.