Arizona State Senate - Senator Jamescita Peshlakai
Senator Jamescita Peshlakai will be joined by state and tribal leaders to officially unveil new highway signs recognizing Arizona's Native American veterans this Saturday, October 12 at the Moenkopi Tuuvi Gathering and Western Navajo Nation Fair in Tuba City.
Segments of state and federal highways are being renamed to Navajo Code Talkers Highway (State Route 264 on the Navajo Nation), Hopi Code Talkers Highway (State Route 264 on the Hopi Nation), Native American Women Veterans Highway (U.S. Route 160) and Native American Veterans Highway (U.S. Route 89) as a result of years of efforts by Senator Peshlakai, approved by the Arizona Board on Geographic and Historic Names, and certified by Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs, who will be present for the unveiling.
- Senator Jamescita Peshlakai
- Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs
- Hopi Tribal Chairman Timothy L. Nuvangyaoma
- Hopi Tribal Vice Chairman Clark Tenakhongva
- Arizona Department of Veterans Services Assistant Deputy Director & Tribal Liaison Scott Fincher
- Hopi Veterans Services Manager Eugene "Geno" Talas
Saturday, October 12th
1 p.m. MST
Moenkopi Legacy Inn
Tuba City, Arizona
Intersection of U.S. Route 160 and State Route 264