Puyallup Tribe of Indians
Tuesday, August 27
- 1 p.m.—Rally outside Rialto Theater before public hearing
- 2 p.m.—Puget Sound Clean Energy Agency hearing inside theater
The rally at Rialto Theater is the end point of a march that begins approximately at noon at Don Pugnetti Park.
310 S 9th Street
Tacoma, Wash., 98402
- Water Warriors
- Puyallup Tribal Councilmember Annette Bryan (scheduled)
- 350 Seattle
- 350 Tacoma
- Power Past Fracked Gas
- Sierra Club
- Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Washington Environmental Council
- Advocates for a Cleaner Tacoma
- Vashon Climate Action
- The Conversation
- Columbia Riverkeeper
- Washington Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Earth Ministry
- Rally in advance of the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency hearing on Tacoma LNG facility
- Many rally participants will be speaking during the public comment period of the hearing to follow
Water Warriors, The Puyallup Tribe, environmental, health, and social justice advocates are calling on Puget Sound Clean Air Agency to reject permitting for Puget Sound Energy’s Tacoma LNG facility. Speakers at the rally will highlight that the Puyallup Tribe of Indians has not been consulted on the facility and that project safety risks have not been addressed. This is an opportunity for the community to stand up for the health of the lands and waters throughout the Salish Sea region and beyond.
About the Puyallup Tribe of Indians
The Puyallup People have lived along the shores of what is now called Puget Sound for thousands of years. The Puyallup Tribe of Indians is a sovereign nation of more than 5,000 members and one of the largest employers in Pierce County. It serves its people and neighbors with generosity and is committed to building a sustainable way of life for future generations. Learn more about the Puyallup Tribe.
About the Puyallup Tribal Council
The Puyallup Tribal Council is the elected governing body of the Puyallup Tribe of Indians. The council consists of Chairman David Z. Bean, Vice Chairman Bill Sterud, Sylvia Miller, Annette Bryan, Tim Reynon, James Rideout and Anna Bean.