American Indian Alaska Native Tourism Association
Designed to prepare tourism professionals for the international marketplace, the third annual Go International workshop is scheduled for Jan. 28-29, 2019 in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
AIANTA has assembled an expert panel of travel industry professionals who train participants on how to create a successful marketing outreach program targeting top international markets to Indian Country.
New this year, we are adding a mobile workshop to Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument and Cochiti Pueblo, New Mexico on Sunday, Jan. 27, 2019.
Part of AIANTA’s International Marketing Program, the two-day Go International seminar is designed to prepare Tribes and Native-owned tourism enterprises to do business in the international marketplace.
Attending Go International helps you sharpen your skills in leveraging cultural tourism as an engine for economic development and cultural perpetuation within your community.
The two-day training is designed to help tribes, tribal communities, businesses and tourism professionals find success in the international marketplace, especially when participating in such major international trade shows such as Showcase USA-Italy, ITB Berlin, World Travel Market in London and IPW. Attending these trade shows can help attract visitors from Germany, Italy and the UK, all of which are among the highest-spending travelers in the world.
The two-day training provides an in-depth look at the tools needed to create a successful marketing outreach program targeting the top inbound international markets to Indian Country.
Training topics at the 2019 Go International include:
- An overview of the international marketplace with representatives from the National Travel and Tourism Office and U.S. Commercial Service offices in Europe
- How to Tradeshow: An overview of tradeshow formats and tactics
- Marketing and media techniques
- Developing your tourism product
- Working with local, state and national tourism partners
- Working with receptive tour operators
- Building better fam tours, with input from an experienced panel of international and tribal tourism representatives
- A hands-on workshop in pitching your message to the travel media, meeting with tour operators and creating an itinerary
View the complete Go International Agenda here.
AIANTA is offering a limited number of Go International Scholarships to qualified tribal planners. Visit our scholarship page to see if you are eligible to attend the conference for free.
Please download our official 2019 Go International flyer for more information or contact Sherrie Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (505) 209-2479; or Glenda Toledo at email@example.com or (505) 433-2120.