One Transported to Hospital after Stove Fire at The Hotel Olympian

Occupants use fire extinguisher to stop a stove top fire in Olympia Apartment Building.

Olympia, WA: Around 5:30 p.m. tonight, crews with Olympia Fire Department responded to an automatic fire alarm at The Hotel Olympian located 100 block of Legion Way Southeast.

Upon arrival, crews found that a small stove top fire had occurred in one of the apartment units. The occupants of that unit quickly used a fire extinguisher to keep it from spreading.

One occupant suffered smoke inhalation and was transported to a local emergency room.

The fire department states the apartment unit suffered about $5,000 in damage and did displace the single occupant.

Comments