DATE/TIME OF INCIDENT: 06-08-2018 | 10:15 PM
LOCATION: 102 Aldrich Hall (University of California, Irvine)
- The annual undie run at UCI was a success Friday night, with students simultaneously relieving stress and contributing to a good cause;
- Hundreds of students stripped to their undies, donating their stripped clothing and other items to the UCI Helping Hands for the Homeless Club;
- The students then engaged in a spirited run around the UCI campus to relieve stress and enjoy the finals days before the of the quarter;
- UCI's Helping Hands for the Homeless provides essentials such as food and clothing to those in need and is entirely run by the UCI students;
- Together, Helping Hands for the Homeless and the undie run work symbiotically to allow students to relieve stress during finals week;
- Several donations bins set-up at the beginning of the event could be seen being entirely filled.
- Previous events have yielded hundreds of pounds of clothing and have been considered highly successful;
- Campus police were aware of the event and monitored it however no action or intervention was necessary as the students involved remained respectful and compliant.