Michigan Cops Refuse to Release Dash Cam Video Proving 83-Year-Old Man

Carlos Miller

Michigan Cops Refuse to Release Dash Cam Video Proving 83-Year-Old Man Assaulted Them

Michigan police say an 83-year-old man assaulted them on St. Patrick’s Day, making them fear for their safety, which is why had no choice but to slam him to the ground, breaking his nose and his arm.

But they have refused to release the dash cam video that would prove their allegations against Larry Sevenski.

And usually that means they are full of it.

However, Sevenski is now facing two years in prison for the felony charge of assaulting a police officer in addition to charges of obstruction and resisting arrest.

The incident took place on March 17 after Sevenski, the owner of a popular bar, was informed by customers that two Michigan state troopers were parked across the street from the bar, watching patrons coming and going.

Sevenski, who has owned Larry’s Seven-Ski Inn, for 50 years, decided to go talk to the cops to see if there was a problem, so he got into his car and drove across U.S. 131 in Antrim.

However, the cops said he failed to use his signal when making a u-turn and pulled him over.

They also said when they pulled him over, Sevenski stepped out of his car and walked towards them. They say he also “clenched and cocked his fist,” striking fear in their hearts.

When they told him to back up, they said he told them he wished he had a weapon, striking even more fear in their hearts, which is when they pounced on him.

“The next thing I know, I was on the ground,” Sevenski told 9&10 News from his hospital bed.

“They handcuffed me, and they hurt very bad because I have a reversed shoulder and I can’t put my arm behind my body,” explains Sevenski. “Everybody’s worried about me. I’ve been worried about me, too. Just don’t know what I did wrong.”
Lt. Harris says, “If he would have complied with the orders of the trooper, got back in the car and not become aggressive and assaultive, he would not have ended up on the ground.”

Charges were not filed against Sevenski until Wednesday, almost two weeks after the incident, according to Up North Live.

But it appears as if even the prosecutors have yet to watch the dash cam video, despite several media agencies making a formal request for it.

“The trooper felt that he was about ready to punch him, and at that point took him to the ground using a defensive tactics technique,” said Lt. Mark Harris of the Michigan State Police.
Lt. Harris from the Michigan State Police Gaylord Post said the troopers involved are not being investigated for using too much force.
“Based upon the fact that we’ve reviewed this matter with my client, Mr. Stevenski, he maintains his innocence and we vehemently look forward to providing with him with a proper defense and exonerating him,” said Rick Steiger, one of Sevenski’s two attorneys.
Steiger is the former Preque Isle County prosecuting attorney, and has been involved in other cases dealing with the Michigan State Police.
Both sides are waiting to view dash-cam video of the arrest.

Sevenski was released from jail on a $10,000 personal recognizance bond. He is due back in court April 5. The courtroom was filled with people supporting Sevenski during Wednesday’s hearing with some holding signs saying “Free Larry.”


Cops Gone Rogue