Cop who Killed 6-year-old Boy Released from Prison after Serving only 21 Months

Norris Greenhouse Jr. was released early from prison after he had been sentenced to seven-and-a-half years.

Jeremy Mardis was only 6-years-old when he was gunned down by a pair of rogue cops who were trying to kill his father.

The Louisiana cops who killed him, Norris Greenhouse Jr. and Derrick Stafford, claimed they were trying to serve a warrant on the boy's father when he backed his car towards police making them fear for their lives.

But both turned out to be a lie. There was no warrant and a bodycam video from a third officer shows Few had his arms sticking out the window of the vehicle in an act of surrender when he was executed.

In fact, it remains unclear why the Marksville marshals attempted to pull Few over in the first place on the night of November 3, 2015 but it may have had something to do with Few having told Greenhouse not to contact his girlfriend anymore a month prior to the shooting.

Had it not been for the video, the cops would likely have never been charged and sentenced in what became an international story out of this sleepy town with a population of less than 6,000.

But last Friday, Greenhouse was released from prison after serving less than two years of his seven-and-a-year sentence on charges of negligent homicide and malfeasance in office. A prison spokesman said his sentence was reduced "because by law these are not crimes of violence," according to KALB.

Greenhouse is the son of longtime Avoyelles Parish assistant district attorney Norris Greenhouse Sr., who just passed away, according to KALB.

Stafford, who was convicted by a jury of manslaughter and attempted manslaughter, is still serving his 40-year sentence after pleading not guilty. The judge in that case said his "prison term be served without benefit of parole, probation or suspension of sentence," according to the Times-Picayune.

Stafford fired his gun 14 times that night with four bullets striking the boy who was sitting in the passenger seat. Greenhouse fired his gun four times and investigators said they could not determine if his bullets struck either the boy or his father.

Both Stafford and Greenhouse had been sued on previous occasions for using excessive force. Stafford had been accused of rape on two separate occasions but was never convicted.

On the night of the shooting, Few was driving with his son after leaving a bar where he had argued with his girlfriend. He drove by his aunt's house to pick up his son which was when the Greenhouse tried to pull him over with Stafford later joining the chase.

It was not a high-speed pursuit. Few even stopped at an intersection at one point. Few later said he did not stop because he was worried about what would happen to his son, who was autistic, if he were to be arrested. He testified that he had a few drinks and was not sure if he was legally drunk so he wanted to drop the child off at his mother's house before dealing with police.

But he ended up driving down a one-way street which is what enabled the cops to trap him in.

Comments (9)
View Newer Messages

WTF ?????? early release!!!!!! after 21 months !!!! early release is one thing (good time/ work time). maybe 40% off max. not this ridicules bullshit. Greenhouse got the "blue lies murder gang" privilege....


If that was my son serval people would be racing to kill this pig.